Unlike the 10 Things You May Not Know About Me, this is just stuff that’s been on my mind as of late:
- Who do I have to sleep with to get a good deal on a camera lens? I’m not paying $2500 for a Canon EF 2.8L II USM. Guess I’ll need to wait until Henry’s next Exposure Show and see what deals they have (or check out used lens deals across the city).
- Paying $600 return to Las Vegas for BiSC is something that drives me insane when I paid $750 return to fly to Tanzania just last year. Currently exploring standby options and waiting on my haunches for something better to come along! Fortunately, Graham has some good suggestions for this.
- If I could find the time to learn how to play the drums, I totally would.
- Infinite Cables — a Canadian equivalent to Monoprice — may very well be my new favourite thing.
- To switch things up, I joined The Scintilla Project — a two-week blogging project focusing on storytelling. Hopefully it’ll have me explore some parts of myself that I haven’t visited in a while. [pause]
- I don’t know whether anyone’s noticed, but I’ve taken a short break from putting Man Lessons out — I’ve been working at taking all my Mansformation ideas and committing to getting an actual website launched by mid-April.
- Just bought tickets for a National Geographic show at Roy Thomson Hall; learning from other photographers — especially the extreme ones — can really add to how you pursue your own compositions.
- I think we decided that we might finally trek out to San Francisco sometime this year — it’s been on my list since forever, and it didn’t take our friends very much to convince us to go.
- Some days I write and wonder if the Age of the Blog is gone and dead. I see things like RebelMouse and wonder whether our attention spans have grown so short that we rather just consume bite-sized pieces of information and not focus on an entire argument or discussion.
- I’m weird and old school. If I want to do my best writing and editing, I need to do it on paper. I am the worst enemy of forests everywhere.