Last updated on March 23rd, 2021 at 10:40 pm
One of the items in The 2013 100 is to attend Bloggers in Sin City, an unconference in Las Vegas for bloggers to meet and get to know one another, ultimately forming more meaningful bonds in the blogosphere.
After grabbing my ticket, Bob made it easy to find everyone’s blogs, and after getting them all in Google Reader, I realized that everyone has really different styles when it comes to blogging.
One great realization that’ll stick with me?
Blogs don’t need to be long, sweeping stories—they only need to be INTERESTING!
So, taking a cue from lolasangria, I present the first volume of 10 Things You May Not Know About Me.
- I went to prom. Thrice. (I would’ve gone four times had I not busted my parents’ automatic garage door with an ill-conceived ploy to stop it with my leg… but that’s another story.
- I’m a little convinced that gestation has a part in melanin count. If you look at my family, both my brothers are lighter than my parents and came out two weeks early, while I’m darker than my parents and came out two weeks late. I’m just saying.
- For whatever reason, I don’t worry or fear much. I just get things done.
- By the time I was 17, I’d done 2,500+ hours of volunteer work for various organizations in Mississauga.
- I lost the same wallet 8 times before I decided to call it quits with wallets.
- From kindergarten through my last year of high school, I went to seven different schools—and no, not for fighting, and not because my family moved… we only lived at two places during all that time.
- I used to be insanely oblivious to women. I was convinced that I couldn’t find anyone, but really, I was just blind to any women who were trying to get my attention.
- Miracle Whip sandwiches were my favourite snack as a kid. Ingredients: 2 slices white bread, Miracle Whip. Serves one.
- I remember winning my first raffle at the age of 6 for a copy of Home Alone.
- If I could make it work, I’d spend my days creating stuff. Comics, infographics, music… it’d be amazing.
Have a good weekend, everyone!