Last updated on March 23rd, 2021 at 10:40 pm
One of the items in The 2013 100 is to attend Bloggers in Sin City, an unconference in Las Vegas for bloggers to meet and get to know one another, ultimately forming more meaningful bonds in the blogosphere.
After grabbing my ticket, Bob made it easy to find everyone’s blogs, and after getting them all in Google Reader, I realized that everyone has really different styles when it comes to blogging.
One great realization that’ll stick with me?
Blogs don’t need to be long, sweeping stories—they only need to be INTERESTING!
So, taking a cue from lolasangria, I present the first volume of 10 Things You May Not Know About Me.
- I went to prom. Thrice. (I would’ve gone four times had I not busted my parents’ automatic garage door with an ill-conceived ploy to stop it with my leg… but that’s another story.
- I’m a little convinced that gestation has a part in melanin count. If you look at my family, both my brothers are lighter than my parents and came out two weeks early, while I’m darker than my parents and came out two weeks late. I’m just saying.
- For whatever reason, I don’t worry or fear much. I just get things done.
- By the time I was 17, I’d done 2,500+ hours of volunteer work for various organizations in Mississauga.
- I lost the same wallet 8 times before I decided to call it quits with wallets.
- From kindergarten through my last year of high school, I went to seven different schools—and no, not for fighting, and not because my family moved… we only lived at two places during all that time.
- I used to be insanely oblivious to women. I was convinced that I couldn’t find anyone, but really, I was just blind to any women who were trying to get my attention.
- Miracle Whip sandwiches were my favourite snack as a kid. Ingredients: 2 slices white bread, Miracle Whip. Serves one.
- I remember winning my first raffle at the age of 6 for a copy of Home Alone.
- If I could make it work, I’d spend my days creating stuff. Comics, infographics, music… it’d be amazing.
Have a good weekend, everyone!
12 replies on “10 Things You May Not Know About Me”
Hilarious! Especially the “I baked longer than my brothers” idea. So I gotta know: What happened to make you change schools so often?
The history goes as such:
Kindergarten – Grade 1: French immersion classes; write a test to get me into enhanced learning classes
Grades 2-3: Enhanced classes are held at a different school; but only until Grade 3
Grade 4: Enhanced learning here is supposed to be Grades 4-6, but they move the program
Grades 5-6: Enhanced classes; write test to get into an enhanced private school
Grades 7-12: Private school; too much on my plate, go back to public school to finish high school
Grade 13: Finish up in public high school.
I was all over the place!
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
I’ll put number 2 to the test. First kid was about 2 weeks early, #2 was a week late. We’ll see how this goes (my wife is mixed, I’m the milk in the coffee for those kids) We’ll see after some time in the sun.
Keep me in the loop on this one — would love to know if my unscientific science is worth anything!
I may have spit laughed at #8.
Great post Casey. I might want to follow your lead on this one and put up a post like this… Sometime this year.
I think that these are nice little “getting to know you” posts where you can quickly let your readers know a little more about your past 🙂
I don’t know what I smoked as a child to think that Miracle Whip sandwiches were a good idea 😐
Basketball team? Point Guard I assume?
What, from the picture? Nah, man. Just a tank top I was wearing — probably from International Clothiers or something. I don’t know if you know this (factoid #11), but I’m one of the few Black men in North America who are a hot mess at basketball. I played track and rugby, but past that, nuh-uh.
I don’t even know what a point guard DOES.
Number 9! and you have been winning ever since! OH YOU! lol loved the post, now I know Casey Palmer better! 😀
Heh — that one was put in specifically for the people who were going on about my lucky streaks last year to show that yeah… it’s not something that just happened overnight 🙂
It’s the first of what I hope is to be many posts like this over time 🙂
I was supposed to come out March 1st. Came out early (Feb. 25th). Am lighter than majority of Malaysians. My bros teased me for being so pale, but my parents loved it (the paler, the better in Asia). Hate being pale, but think ur theory is right! Ur smart/enhanced!
That’s it. I’m going to start writing an analysis for the scientific journals 😉