Last updated on January 24th, 2021 at 01:42 pm
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
We need a car with lots of storage space. Like… lots.
We may only be a family of four, but the Palmers don’t say “no” to adventure, looking for rides that can keep up with our ever-demanding lifestyles.
And the Volkswagen line has promise—the Arteon promises the feel of a luxury car, but offers the space of a hatchback. The newly-designed Jetta’s built to make a statement, and the Tiguan’s more stylish and roomier than ever. But if you ask me, where the Palmers fit into the Volkswagen family is rolling around in a 2018 Volkswagen Atlas, the first seven-seat SUV the vehicle brand has to offer!
The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas: Designed to Handle LIFE.
So, the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas looks stellar on paper! It’s versatile, it’s roomy, and it can handle just about anything a family can throw at it! From someone who already drives a compact SUV, I know it can have its limitations—especially when you’re packing up for a road trip or any extended stays from home.
But not so with the Atlas. Some of the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas’ features include:
- An adult-sized third row and a middle row that can fold down even with a car seat attached so you can fit extra passengers or stuff in the back.
- Plenty of room so you can put all that gear away without needing a cargo carrier for extra storage.
It’s big and rich with features—and looks even better in person.
This past February, I got to see the Atlas up close and personal at the 2018 Canadian International Auto Show—Volkswagen invited myself and some other creators out for a first look at their 2018 setup for the show and all the ways we could interactively learn more about the Volkswagen brand!
The Volkswagen Experience at the 2018 Canadian International Auto Show!
They had a number of stations:
- A quiz designed to help you find your perfect Volkswagen! It said my family would be great in a Tiguan—I think they misspelt “Atlas”, but that’s cool,
- Dean the Basset Hound who stood at the ready for all your photo-taking needs,
- A 3D Printing Station that let you choose the colour and make of your Volkswagen keychain—I’m pretty sure my orange Tiguan brings out the colour in my eyes,
- A couple of photographers on hand to help you take a family portrait in a well-lit environment,
- And of course, the Volkswagen 4Motion All-Wheel Drive Virtual Reality Experience, which gives us a glimpse into the future of entertainment technology with an immersive experience where you could throw snowballs, play with leaves, and go through the seasons in true digital fashion!
It made for a fun morning—they even gave us breakfast and sent us home with something to remember them by. And in a country this cold, only one thing felt fitting….
Get That Tongue Waggin’ — Volkswagen Has Plenty to Offer!
No two vehicles are the same. They’re built with different features, uses and audiences in mind, and the entire process of choosing one is very individual. But for a family like ours that rarely has a dull moment and generally only stays home to sleep, the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas feels like a perfect fit. Hopefully, you get to try it out one day, too!
Thanks for reading and until the next, I remain,
Volkswagen kindly compensated for this post and the experience that came with it, but as always, all thoughts and opinions remain my own!