“Chillin, sittin’ on about half a million…” — The Notorious B.I.G.
Yeah. About a half a million things to do. But anyway!
Good day on the planning front – managed to get a florist for the wedding (blog coming soon with all the stuff we’re still looking for), learned some more toward the things I want to improve upon in 2011, and doodled in my Moleskine. Which kinda sucks, because I wanted to plan blogs in it. Casey fail. But it’s all good.
So the Role of the New Man in 2011 is changing. Remember this, because it’ll come up again later this year. Doesn’t it ever bother you when you can’t pull something off? You know – coding? Cooking? Sewing?
Yeah, that’s right – I said sewing.
I signed up for a sewing class so I could improve my stock as a human being. Got sweaters with holes? Do something about it. Want a dope Halloween costume? Do something about it! Want to get more longevity out of the stuff you buy? Yeah – you saw it coming – DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! The 2K11 24/7 has a pretty strong self-improvement component, in case you didn’t know!
(Just signed up for a French class too. I’m gon’ get my language skills back!)
Other than that, the day was either normal or bad. Especially when it comes to riding our beloved subway system, the TTC.
On the way in to work, people were crazy violent trying to get on the subway. I would’ve got crushed against the fragrant bodies of my fellow commuters if I didn’t stand my ground and render myself immobile.
The way to the florist appointment was even worse.
- Got to College station, waited three trains, couldn’t get on, so I hiked it to Yonge/Bloor station, leaving me 5 minutes to get to Dufferin station on time – about 15 minutes away
- Got on the train, and at Ossington – the stop right BEFORE Dufferin – a dude screws up the doors behind him, because – wait for it – the train is so packed
- Get to Dufferin, and guess what – the doors don’t open. Only at the specific exit I’m at. Aww yeah.
- Get off at the next stop, Lansdowne, and make my way BACK to Dufferin
- Meet Sarah 15 minutes late. Because this is apparently how I roll. Thanks, TTC.
Anyway, other stuff to do before I eventually (and by this I mean “shortly”) pass out – more cool stuff soon, promise.
But a plug – know what I’m up to Wednesday nights? Watching Nat and Marie on ustream. Why? Because they’re amusing, they’ll reply to your stuff if it’s funny – they’re probably the best Internet friends you’ll ever have. They’re live Wednesdays, but go hit up their ustream, because you’ve probably got some catching up to do!
But yes, I’m out. Have a good one, ladies and germs!