What IS #Chronicle150?
As you may have heard, it’s Canada’s sesquicentennial this year—our nation’s turning 150 years old, and it’s kind of a big deal! Canada rarely sees an event that’s both this unifying and uniquely our own, so here at Casey Palmer, Canadian Dad, we’re looking to do something special to mark the occasion!
Which is why from February 1st through June 30th—the 150 days leading up to Canada Day—we’re putting #Chronicle150 together: 150 Truly Canadian Stories for its 150th Birthday! Over these 150 days, we’re looking to showcase a story per day that truly captures the multitude of ways we can spell out what it means to be Canadian! We want new immigrant stories. Multigenerational stories. Any story that truly defines the Canadian experience for you is one we’re looking to share! It’s a lofty, ambitious project, and we’d love for you to be part of an opportunity that doesn’t come ’round every year!
The project will lead in with Tales from the 2.9, celebrating the voices of Black Canadians from coast to coast, and then explore a diverse set of stories from March onward.
#Chronicle150 – What Do I Need?
If you’re interested in participating, we’ll need the following from you:
- At least two high-resolution photos of yourself (preferably one landscape for the header image) and any other imagery you’d like to include
- A short bio with any website or social media links you’d like to include with your submission
- The answers to these questions:
- Who are you and what are you all about?
- What makes you so Canadian?
- If you could distill your world to one story or moment that truly defines what being Canadian means to you, what would it be?
- This is Canada today after 150 years. Where would you like to see it go from here on out?
- Finally, what’s the one thing you think the rest of the world needs to know about Canada?
So here’s hoping we can all work together to create something memorable, and on Canada Day look back at a 150th birthday gift it can celebrate for 150 more!
Thanks for considering and I hope to hear back from you!
PLEASE SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO email@example.com