When diono dropped a line to gauge my interest in reviewing the diono radian rXT and the related products, I didn’t quite know how I’d approach it.
But they’re necessary!
Sure, we somehow survived an era where simply shoving your kids into the back seat was an acceptable practice, but we’re also the same species who once smoked cigarettes in delivery rooms. And treated blood disorders with leeches. Heck, we once thought sugary soda was the key to losing weight. Just because we often do things one way doesn’t mean we can’t do it better, so we must continually expect more from the things we use, and yes—that means our car seats too.
The diono radian rXT — Why We Already Own TWO.
So full disclosure—we already owned two diono radian rXTs well before they asked me about this post.
There’s little we do in Casa de Palmer without extensive research first. While it may have initially caught our eye as perhaps the only car seat you can fit three times in a car’s back seat (and no, no plans on a third yet), the more we found out about the radian rXT’s features, the more we fell in love with it.
The diono radian rXT — What it Has to Offer
So you can get a sense of what drew us to the diono radian rXT, here’s a taste for those of you in the market for a car seat yourselves:
- Premium plush interlock knit fabric (available in Black Cobalt, Black Mist, Black Plum, Black Scarlet and Essex colours) — Which means these seats aren’t just safe, they’re ridiculously stylish, too!
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety — and if you don’t believe me, try carrying one of these down to Mexico with you. Trust me—you can feel every pound of safety in the radian rXT at 2200m above sea level in 40° heat!
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-45 lbs, forward-facing children from 20-80 lbs in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 120 lbs. — While we too started with a bucket seat, babies do not stay small for long, and you’ll want a seat that grows with them as long as humanly possible. This is it!
- Fits three across in most mid-size vehicles, folds flat for travel and is FAA certified — No lie: one of the things you don’t think about in the early parenting days is how your child will handle a flight when they’re old enough to have a seat to themselves. For us, he did horribly. What we wouldn’t realise until the flight back was how comfortable he’d be flying home seated in his radian rXT! The more you know!
- Rear-facing tether capability — Until you’ve tried to install a car seat, you don’t know how hard it is to pass your spouse’s “immobility check” to reassure them the car seat’s as secure as possible. Using that tether to keep the seat locked firmly in place? Trust me—it’s your new best friend!
diono radian rXT — Get One of Your Own!
But what good is all this if you can’t try it for yourself?
That’s right—one lucky Canadian will win a diono radian rXT car seat so they too can experience everything diono has to offer! As with all contests on Casey Palmer, Canadian Dad, it takes little more than a valid email address and a click to enter, but your chances improve exponentially if you explore the optional entry methods! I look forward to seeing someone upgrade their parenting game with the diono radian rXT! Good luck to all who enter! (Contest open to Canadians aged 18+ living outside of Quebec. Contest ends 5/8 @ 11:59 PM ET.)
diono radian rXT — Because We All Want Safety + Smiles in Our Lives
Which makes it great when some choices come a little easier—like the solid steps we can take to keep our children safe.
With seats that fit seamlessly into any travel space and state-of-the-art designs to meet each customer’s individual style, the radian rXT’s an ideal solution for the family on the go!
And seats are only the beginning—diono’s got plenty other travel product to offer, from seat covers to backseat carriers that’ll hold your odds and ends! Choosing the car seat to protect your child from anything that could go wrong on the road isn’t a choice taken lightly—why not try one that has everything you’re looking for… and maybe even more?
Good luck making those choices out there—our children’s lives depend on it!
Until the next,
Disclaimer: Though diono compensated for this post, the stories are true and my opinions remain my own. Good luck to all who enter!