This is the Christmas tree at Sarah’s apartment. For your amusement, the story of how it got there:
- Went to buy a tree.
- Got a 6-foot tree. Carried it back myself. After having day surgery on my toe. Hrm.
- Got it inside.
- It looked pathetic inside.
- Convinced the girls to take it back and upsize.
- I carried it back.
- We paid $10 more and got an 8-foot tree.
- We all carried it back.
- We brought it in. We sawed off the stump with a dinky saw—took about an hour to get through the softwood.
After all that, I let the girls handle decorating—they’re far more in the spirit than I.