Last updated on April 2nd, 2021 at 02:07 am
Potty training is a pain in the butt.
Pun totally intended.
I’ll look back at this in the future and laugh, but I have a stubborn toddler refusing to do away with diapers. We’ve tried it all—using a sticker chart to reward every #2; promising every Paw Patrol toy under the sun if only he’d learn to use the toilet… even jealousy by putting his baby brother on the potty for some elimination communication, but nothing’s quite stuck.
But we can’t just give up—diapers aren’t a good look for kindergarten kids, so we’ve got just under a year to help him say the magic words:
“I’m ready for underwear!”
See, the transition from infancy to childhood need not be so difficult—parenting in 2016 offers so many options, and Pampers takes full advantage of this with their brand-new Pampers Easy Ups training pants—the better way to underwear!
Designed to help toddlers through their potty training journeys, Pampers Easy Ups look, fit and feel more like real underwear and provide features that make them stellar—little ones think they’re underwear, but parents know they’re Pampers!
Some of the key features include:
- A 360° stretchy waistband that makes it easier for toddlers to pull Easy Ups up and down
- Extra absorb channels distributing wetness evenly inside Easy Ups, providing protection against leaks 24/7
- Dual leak-guard barriers to help stop leaks around the legs, where they happen most
- Super soft material making them feel even softer than cotton underwear, and
- Easy tear sides that make removal easy when needed!
Pampers made Easy Ups the perfect companion for little ones ready for the porcelain throne—but they didn’t stop there!
With an event at The Richmond, Pampers made sure the message was clear—these training pants will change how kids kick the diaper habit!
To make the event the best it could be, it had a little bit of everything, including:
- Words from Social Common’s Cat & Nat, who served as Brand Ambassadors for the Pampers Easy Ups launch
- A toddler play area to keep those little ones busy to let you get your mingle on
- A breakfast station for grabbing some grub— it’s easy to forget to feed yourself when you’re getting everyone else out the door
- A photoshoot area which helped—I’m usually so busy taking my family’s photos that I’m rarely in them myself, and
- A calendar-making station with a calligrapher who’d turn those prints into personalised take-home keepsakes!
Pampers Easy Ups are an impressive feat of training pants technology, but that won’t mean a thing if you can’t get your little one to wear them. So to spur our little dude in the right direction, Pampers did one last thing.
Ending one’s diaper-clad days isn’t just some everyday event, and Pampers wanted our toddler to know this, sending him an Easy Ups care package that’d give him something to remember as he made this huge step! In fact, we even recorded a video of the event, so if you want to see what he thought, make sure to watch it below!
Pampers Easy Ups—Exactly What You Need for the Kid Who Says “But I Like Wearing Wet Diapers!” (True story.)
So if your little one’s ready for big kid pants, Pampers Easy Ups may be just the thing they need to start using the bathroom like the rest of their family!
(And I don’t mean sitting around on their smartphone while someone’s pounding away on the door ’cause they’ve really gotta go!)
Good luck with those parenting perils, and until the next, I remain,
Disclaimer: Pampers did indeed pay for this post in both Easy Ups and cash. That said, our toddler’s taking quite well to his Pampers Easy Ups—hopefully for good this time!