Last updated on April 21st, 2021 at 09:15 pm
Inspiration can hit you from the strangest places.
A Podcast, A Podcast, My Kingdom for a Podcast!!!
My Blackness has always been something I’ve struggled with, trying to figure out whether I’m Black enough and what that really means. In a world where everyone has an opinion on what Blackness is about, it didn’t help that mine keeps coming into question thanks to where I live, who I married, or how I carry myself through life—the truth of the matter is that there isn’t one clear definition of what Blackness is, but that doesn’t stop some people from trying to push their definitions onto others.
That said, sometimes this is the kind of conflict you need to create something greater, and what came out of this was finally getting around to releasing Chatting with Casey, my podcast that’s all about family, food, fashion and faith. And travel. And tech. Oh—and a whole lot of conversation with interesting people as I looked to broaden my horizons!
Podcasting Ain’t Easy, Though!
What I’d learn from this first season, though, is how hard it is to make a good podcast, with a week between episodes not nearly enough time with everything else going on. My friend Marie had firmly warned me that my production schedule would catch up with me eventually and that it did, with about twenty-five episodes under my belt before I took a break.
But it was a pretty good run and an excellent learning experience, giving me plenty to think about if I ever returned to the mic.
This was the one that started it all, getting my thoughts recorded before I even thought of getting guests. I’ve come a ways since then, but I haven’t stopped doing what I was trying to accomplish through the show—to express myself as honestly a possible and chat with others about what makes them tick!
I hope you enjoy this episode and make time for all the others—there’s plenty more where they come from!
Until the next episode,
All the Chatting with Casey Podcast Episodes
- Casey Palmer | Am I Black Enough?
- Tracy Molyneaux | No Terrible People Allowed!
- Parenting 101 | Give Me Some Room to Fail
- Parenting 101 | It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad
- Chris & Gloria Chik | You Don’t Want to be That Guy
- Drekken Pownz & Jemmie Robles | Be Fabulous
- Drekken Pownz | SEE Each Other.
- Ricky Shetty | Why Travelling is so IMPORTANT.
- Jennifer Tammy | Life and Times of the Single Mom
- Kendra Côte | Ain’t No Parents Got Time for That!
- Rhiannon Langford | Don’t be Afraid of the Doula!
- Richard Badra | What Craft Chocolate’s All About!
- Carlos Diaz & Rob Tinkler | It Takes Two to Tango
- Errol Elumir | Just Give Me the Puzzles!
- Rick Campanelli | I’m Where I Need to be Right Now
- Christine Tremoulet | Flour, Fables and Fleeing North
- Nelson Caetano | Playing with People’s Attention