Last updated on April 21st, 2021 at 09:25 pm
In the second part of my interview with Drekken Pownz, we look at why there may be more gay people than the stats say, what it’s like living life having to hide who you are, and why X-Men is the perfect analogy for society’s view on homosexuality. Check it out!
“Be kind to yourself,
Be true to yourself,
And always move forward.”
— Drekken Pownz, Chatting with Casey, Episode Seven: “SEE Each Other.”
When my friend Marie Nicola heard I was doing my podcast, she congratulated me on putting something together with such high production value but thought me nuts to do it without the help of a producer.
And she was right. She’d know—having run The Nat & Marie Show with Nat Atubanos for years—that podcasting’s quite the fickle friend.
You need to be in the groove—people can spot uninspired drivel a mile away, and if your heart’s not in it, it’s probably not worth posting. You need the time and space to record because no one wants to listen to a podcast with an unnecessary background soundtrack. The mechanics of podcasting aren’t hard in themselves—anyone can hit record on a mic and post the audio online—but to make a podcast worth listening to is another matter entirely.
So—a little older and wiser than any time I’ve tried this before—I’m creating to give myself the space to grow a team. No one can do everything on their own, and as much as I logically know that, it’s time my actions start showing that too. It’s a massive work in progress, but keep your eyes and ears open for more details as I figure it out!
Chatting with Casey Episode Seven—The Story Gets Better.
As for today’s podcast, he’s back! After we left his story on a cliffhanger in episode six, Drekken Pownz still had plenty to share about his past and where he’d like to end up in the future!
His story stands alone—where most guests come on the podcast to talk about something specific, Drekken came on to just… talk. Podcasts go very differently when you’re conversing for the sake of conversation, and that’s what makes this episode successful.
So sit down, strap in, and get ready for some great storytelling—Chatting with Casey episode seven is underway!
Thanks for listening, and until the next, I remain,
All the Chatting with Casey Podcast Episodes
- Casey Palmer | Am I Black Enough?
- Tracy Molyneaux | No Terrible People Allowed!
- Parenting 101 | Give Me Some Room to Fail
- Parenting 101 | It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad
- Chris & Gloria Chik | You Don’t Want to be That Guy
- Drekken Pownz & Jemmie Robles | Be Fabulous
- Drekken Pownz | SEE Each Other.
- Ricky Shetty | Why Travelling is so IMPORTANT.
- Jennifer Tammy | Life and Times of the Single Mom
- Kendra Côte | Ain’t No Parents Got Time for That!
- Rhiannon Langford | Don’t be Afraid of the Doula!
- Richard Badra | What Craft Chocolate’s All About!
- Carlos Diaz & Rob Tinkler | It Takes Two to Tango
- Errol Elumir | Just Give Me the Puzzles!
- Rick Campanelli | I’m Where I Need to be Right Now
- Christine Tremoulet | Flour, Fables and Fleeing North
- Nelson Caetano | Playing with People’s Attention