Last updated on April 21st, 2021 at 09:24 pm
And then sometimes you need to take a step back and handle your ish.
With Father’s Day come and gone for 2018, I was finally free to take stock of everything going on in the rest of my life, and it was a mess. A to-do list 270 items deep. Friends and family whose voices I hadn’t heard in months. Things were hectic, and I quickly remembered I couldn’t be a good husband, father, son, brother, friend, employee, churchgoer and content creator all at the same time.
So I took the time to handle a few things and while they’re still far from perfect, being able to find some time to get back to the podcast’s always okay by me!
But enough with the preamble—let me tell you why episode six is so good.
About Chatting with Casey Episode 6—Everybody Wants to be Fabulous
First off, I got my friend and fellow parent Jemmie Robles on the show to chat about co-parenting over a meal at Scaddabush. And as a single parent co-parenting not with the father of her daughters, but with his wife, it opened my eyes to the variety of parenting styles and situations out there!
But also, it’s Pride Month, and I had the honour of interviewing my friend and fellow entrepreneur Drekken Pownz on his life journey being gay and Black in the Greater Toronto Area. (Spoiler alert: It was not easy. The Black community’s history with the LGBTQ community has not exactly been amazing.) This episode details his journey until he’d reached a rather low point in his life, with the rest to come next week!
In short, I’m floored that this podcast’s letting me share so richly in the stories of others, and it makes me feel like I’m working toward a goal that I had from my earliest days of blogging—to become an Oprah Winfrey for a new generation.
The power of great storytelling is so important to me, and I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did making it!
That said, enjoy the weekend ahead, and until the next,
All the Chatting with Casey Podcast Episodes
- Casey Palmer | Am I Black Enough?
- Tracy Molyneaux | No Terrible People Allowed!
- Parenting 101 | Give Me Some Room to Fail
- Parenting 101 | It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad
- Chris & Gloria Chik | You Don’t Want to be That Guy
- Drekken Pownz & Jemmie Robles | Be Fabulous
- Drekken Pownz | SEE Each Other.
- Ricky Shetty | Why Travelling is so IMPORTANT.
- Jennifer Tammy | Life and Times of the Single Mom
- Kendra Côte | Ain’t No Parents Got Time for That!
- Rhiannon Langford | Don’t be Afraid of the Doula!
- Richard Badra | What Craft Chocolate’s All About!
- Carlos Diaz & Rob Tinkler | It Takes Two to Tango
- Errol Elumir | Just Give Me the Puzzles!
- Rick Campanelli | I’m Where I Need to be Right Now
- Christine Tremoulet | Flour, Fables and Fleeing North
- Nelson Caetano | Playing with People’s Attention