One day, I’ll be able to get a full night’s sleep without feeling like I’m leaving hours on the table because I haven’t written.
“Don’t be Afraid of the Doula” marks the last of the interviews I did in the summer before life got all wonky and I took an unexpected hiatus. After getting my groove back in October, I’ve spent a lot of time working to make sure it doesn’t happen again, scheduling multiple interviews where I can to get ahead so I’m just not scrambling anymore.
But I’m enjoying the ride. Chatting with Casey’s allowing me to cover the stories I wouldn’t normally speak to on my own, like what it’s like to grow up gay in Toronto, or why I may have been a little too cavalier in declaring Father’s Day as just for Dads. “Don’t be Afraid of the Doula” is no exception, where I speak with Rhiannon Langford about her business Birth Boss Maternity Care.
Don’t Be Afraid of the Doula
Despite the fact that I clearly didn’t know the difference between a doula and a midwife before recording this episode*, I learned a lot from my conversation with Rhiannon, and in the hypothetical world where we add a third child to the family (read: no current plans whatsoever), I could see us working with a doula! 😂
And, of course, it didn’t hurt that we shared a mutual appreciation for the arts and the hope that more Torontonians get to appreciate them.
All that and more in Chatting with Casey, Episode 11: “Don’t be Afraid of the Doula”!
Thanks for listening, and until the next, I remain,
*To clarify, we totally had a midwife and not a doula to help with our second child—it would’ve been helpful to remember that she came from a place called “The Midwives Clinic” when recording this, but hey…
All the Chatting with Casey Podcast Episodes
- Casey Palmer | Am I Black Enough?
- Tracy Molyneaux | No Terrible People Allowed!
- Parenting 101 | Give Me Some Room to Fail
- Parenting 101 | It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad
- Chris & Gloria Chik | You Don’t Want to be That Guy
- Drekken Pownz & Jemmie Robles | Be Fabulous
- Drekken Pownz | SEE Each Other.
- Ricky Shetty | Why Travelling is so IMPORTANT.
- Jennifer Tammy | Life and Times of the Single Mom
- Kendra Côte | Ain’t No Parents Got Time for That!
- Rhiannon Langford | Don’t be Afraid of the Doula!
- Richard Badra | What Craft Chocolate’s All About!
- Carlos Diaz & Rob Tinkler | It Takes Two to Tango
- Errol Elumir | Just Give Me the Puzzles!
- Rick Campanelli | I’m Where I Need to be Right Now
- Christine Tremoulet | Flour, Fables and Fleeing North
- Nelson Caetano | Playing with People’s Attention