Last updated on April 21st, 2021 at 09:30 pm
As an entrepreneur, people will often tell you that you can’t do something, and you need to do whatever’s in your power to prove them wrong.
While we didn’t cover the naysayers in his life, I’m sure Richard Badra can relate—leaving the stable world of accounting for the scrappy world of craft chocolate, I’m sure there were more than a few people who thought he lost his marbles.
But if you ask me, passion always wins out.
When I met Richard at the Blissdom conference, I instantly understood that he stood behind Rebel Chocolates. I decided early on that I had to have him on the podcast, but I didn’t want to do some filler episode about chocolate.
But there’s a lot going on that so many of us never even think about, like the allegations of modern slavery in West Africa linked to 95% of the world’s chocolate production. Or that Canada’s making chocolate that competes on an international level, with brands like Hummingbird and Sirene taking awards from European companies who’ve been at this for hundreds of years. Richard wants you to learn about one of Canada’s best-kept secrets, and on Chatting with Casey’s thirteenth episode, he’s here to tell you all about it.
So sit back, grab your favourite snack, and get ready to learn a ton—there’s a lot to be said in this episode; I hope you all enjoy it!
Happy listening, and if you like what you heard, do make sure to like, rate, share and subscribe. In all honesty, it’s people like you who keep this show going, so make sure to show your support so I know I’m not just speaking to myself!
Thanks for stopping by, and until the next, I remain,
All the Chatting with Casey Podcast Episodes
- Casey Palmer | Am I Black Enough?
- Tracy Molyneaux | No Terrible People Allowed!
- Parenting 101 | Give Me Some Room to Fail
- Parenting 101 | It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad
- Chris & Gloria Chik | You Don’t Want to be That Guy
- Drekken Pownz & Jemmie Robles | Be Fabulous
- Drekken Pownz | SEE Each Other.
- Ricky Shetty | Why Travelling is so IMPORTANT.
- Jennifer Tammy | Life and Times of the Single Mom
- Kendra Côte | Ain’t No Parents Got Time for That!
- Rhiannon Langford | Don’t be Afraid of the Doula!
- Richard Badra | What Craft Chocolate’s All About!
- Carlos Diaz & Rob Tinkler | It Takes Two to Tango
- Errol Elumir | Just Give Me the Puzzles!
- Rick Campanelli | I’m Where I Need to be Right Now
- Christine Tremoulet | Flour, Fables and Fleeing North
- Nelson Caetano | Playing with People’s Attention