Last updated on April 21st, 2021 at 09:32 pm
‘Tis the season for holiday parties, holiday traffic, and a whole gaggle of germs with cold and flu season upon us… just in time for the holidays.
With our youngest hit by a pretty nasty cough over the weekend, productivity ground to a halt. You can easily take for granted how much you’re doing until something more important comes along and forces you to reprioritise. I learned over time to feel the pressure a little less and accept that my family doesn’t need me to be the best creator in the game—they need me to be present.
And so as I lay down in the bottom bunk of my sons’ bed with a kid who woke up for maybe the twelfth time that night, I put all thoughts of podcasting aside and took care of home as Dave Hollister aptly put it back in 2000.
But now that he’s up and running again, so am I, and it’s time to continue our storytelling journey with Chatting with Casey, Episode 15—I’m Where I Need to be Right Now.
Chatting with Casey 15, Where We Wrap Things Up with Errol Elumir and Chat a Bit with Rick Campanelli!
I’ll eventually need to hit up Burlington where he lives, but I was happy to snag twenty minutes of Rick Campanelli’s time to chat in a Gyrotonics studio overlooking downtown Toronto (and a massive shout-out to Joanna for letting us use her space!) We actually met long ago back in his MuchMusic days, tagging along with my friend Nikki for a journalism assignment. But, a couple of decades and some life experiences later, our paths came back together, discussing fatherhood, life lessons and a little trip he took to Bangladesh with World Vision.
But even though Rick could only chat while his boys slept, it worked in my favour, slyly letting me include something we missed from Episode 14—the conversation with Errol I needed to cut short for the sake of time!
See? Everything eventually works out, right?
That said, I hope you enjoy this week’s episode. It’s Chatting with Casey Episode 15, “I’m Where I Need to Be Right Now”! Check it out!
Enjoy the rest of your week, and until the next, I remain,
All the Chatting with Casey Podcast Episodes
- Casey Palmer | Am I Black Enough?
- Tracy Molyneaux | No Terrible People Allowed!
- Parenting 101 | Give Me Some Room to Fail
- Parenting 101 | It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad
- Chris & Gloria Chik | You Don’t Want to be That Guy
- Drekken Pownz & Jemmie Robles | Be Fabulous
- Drekken Pownz | SEE Each Other.
- Ricky Shetty | Why Travelling is so IMPORTANT.
- Jennifer Tammy | Life and Times of the Single Mom
- Kendra Côte | Ain’t No Parents Got Time for That!
- Rhiannon Langford | Don’t be Afraid of the Doula!
- Richard Badra | What Craft Chocolate’s All About!
- Carlos Diaz & Rob Tinkler | It Takes Two to Tango
- Errol Elumir | Just Give Me the Puzzles!
- Rick Campanelli | I’m Where I Need to be Right Now
- Christine Tremoulet | Flour, Fables and Fleeing North
- Nelson Caetano | Playing with People’s Attention