Last updated on December 12th, 2020 at 02:24 am
You ever have those days where you wish you weren’t “that guy(/girl) who draws”? I mean, don’t get me wrong; I love drawing—I wouldn’t be who I am without it—but… okay, let me explain the situation…
So one of my old jobs has requested my services—my old manager is leaving for another location, so they want to give her a going-away present that’s very individual. So they called me a while back to ask me to do this, telling me that they’d discuss with me further in September to figure out the details. Which was fine and all… if they’d called me back at my correct number. Instead, they were trying to get me on a work number that no longer applied to me. The only reason why they were able to get a hold of me is because my friend who still works there sent me a text saying that they still wanted me to put this together for them.
- They sent the text Thursday
- They want it by Monday.
- It’s a calendar of 12 images.
- Plus a cover.
- Thursday I was at band practice.
- Friday they sent me the details.
- Friday I was out with friends.
- Yesterday was a housewarming for Sarah, and I spent a good chunk of the day cleaning.
- I wrote this blog entry in a notebook while I was at a Quarterly Business Meeting for church after the service, which I’d already gone into early (tired as heck) because I was operating the soundboard
Yeah… I’m screwed.
In other news, I’m getting a little revved up as of late to really getting FNC up and running again—I think it’s partly due to seeing this piece by Aaron; it reminded me that drawing cities wasn’t nearly as difficult as I was making it to be—sometimes you just gotta go and do the damn thing.
Anyway, I’ve got a calendar to do with my name on it.
Until next post,