Last updated on April 21st, 2021 at 03:19 am
“It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad” is my call-out to a world that doesn’t fully understand its fathers. We’re foolish, we’re simple, we’re less than competent—this is a first chance in setting the record straight and giving Dads the chance they deserve. Check it out!
“Just because he got her pregnant doesn’t mean he needs to be a Dad.”
“How do you know she wasn’t trying to trap him into a relationship? These women will go to extremes to lock a brother down!”
“Why does he have to change his life because something unexpected happened?”
The allegation that Drake may have fathered a son has brought out an ugly side in people I thought I knew. Men who want to shirk the responsibility of fatherhood when it stares them in the face, preferring to live in pursuit of fun instead of going for something perhaps more meaningful. Guys who see women as objects and children as burdens—who’ve yet to mature enough to understand the value of family and the joys it can bring you.
These worrisome thoughts took me back to my second keynote at Parenting 101—”It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad”, my talk on what it’s like to be a Dad, and why we all need to get a better understanding of it!
I hope you enjoy it!
Another week in the bag, and until next week, I remain,
All the Chatting with Casey Podcast Episodes
- Casey Palmer | Am I Black Enough?
- Tracy Molyneaux | No Terrible People Allowed!
- Parenting 101 | Give Me Some Room to Fail
- Parenting 101 | It’s Hard Out Here for a Dad
- Chris & Gloria Chik | You Don’t Want to be That Guy
- Drekken Pownz & Jemmie Robles | Be Fabulous
- Drekken Pownz | SEE Each Other.
- Ricky Shetty | Why Travelling is so IMPORTANT.
- Jennifer Tammy | Life and Times of the Single Mom
- Kendra Côte | Ain’t No Parents Got Time for That!
- Rhiannon Langford | Don’t be Afraid of the Doula!
- Richard Badra | What Craft Chocolate’s All About!
- Carlos Diaz & Rob Tinkler | It Takes Two to Tango
- Errol Elumir | Just Give Me the Puzzles!
- Rick Campanelli | I’m Where I Need to be Right Now
- Christine Tremoulet | Flour, Fables and Fleeing North
- Nelson Caetano | Playing with People’s Attention