Sometimes you come across things in life that are so awesome that you can’t help but share them. You’re COMPELLED. They improve your life in ways you would have never imagined, and now, you’d never look back.
With this in mind, cue Instapaper.
I’d heard of Instapaper before — it’s one of those things you see often enough in tech blogs, on Twitter, etc. — I knew it was used to mark things for later reading, but I had no idea why I’d want to use another service that was just like Delicious or Springpad, collecting my bookmarks (albeit conveniently) for later use.
It took me 22 hours to come up with something inspirational that I wanted to share with you today, but I eventually came across it when Sarah asked me to watch an episode of “Undercover Boss” with her. In it was Scott Sibella, the President/COO of the MGM Grand casino in Las Vegas, and man! It was INSPIRING.
- Donn, Roulette Dealer
- Angelina, Front Desk Agent
- Eddie, Blackjack Dealer
- Sandy, Guest Service Representative
- From Donn, he learned about how a Vietnam war vet learned not to sweat the small stuff and made a donation to a veteran’s society and sent Donn and his brothers to a football game in a private box
- From Angelina, he learned about how employees were working so hard that they had no time to invest in their family lives, so he sent her and her husband on a week-long paid romantic getaway
- Eddie is a single father with five boys, so Scott helped him out with $10,000, and since his boys mean more than the world to him, Scott arranged to fly Eddie and his five boys to a UFC game with VIP treatment, so they could all be reunited one last time before the eldest went off to join the Air Force
- And with Sandy, he learned about the struggles to excel at one’s job with no incentives — she also delivers flowers to a nursing home each and every Monday, but often feels constrained because of lack of funds and volunteers; so Scott volunteered HIS family and gave a donation to help her along — he also paid for her and husband to take the cruise they always wanted