Last updated on February 23rd, 2022 at 10:11 pm
Table of contents
- How Do You Prepare for 36 Hours in NYC?
- 36 Hours in NYC: A Reminder of What Travelling Solo is REALLY Like.
- 5 Napkin Burger: Greasy American Goodness with a Touch of Class
- Narcissa—That Place You Go To When You Want to Get Your Classiness On, but Soon Realize You Don’t Recognize Half of the Stuff on the Menu and Just Go for Steak.
- Sarabeth’s—or—While I’m Not Sure I Belong Here, the Food is Delicious, So Let’s Go With This!
- Eataly—or—My Friends Told Me You Had Delicious Fresh Mozzarella, but I Was Too Full to Try Any. I’m Going to Need a Mulligan.
- Swiffer Behind the Clean—What It’s All About!
- Swiffer Behind the Clean | Cleaning Knowledge You Can Use at Home!
New York, New York, it’s a helluva town… but I was too busy enjoying its people and the Swiffer Behind the Clean event to enjoy much of the sights.
“Oh you gotta love it
Oh you got, oh you gotta love it”
— Drake, “6PM in New York”, If You’re Reading This it’s Too Late (2015)
Earlier this month, Citizen Canada reached out to see whether I’d be interested in flying out to NYC to interview Black-ish star Anthony Anderson on his cleaning experiences for a Swiffer Behind the Clean campaign—the numbers and narratives behind what being a Dad really means today, specifically in handling household chores. I hadn’t hit The Big Apple since 2010 when I’d proposed to a certain woman I’m still coincidentally married to, so I figured why not? It’d be a good change of pace!
How little I knew of what would lie ahead…