Last updated on March 1st, 2014 at 05:40 pm
After three weeks spent in the African wilderness (and I don’t think you fully appreciate how literally I mean that statement), I am back where I belong! (And we didn’t get robbed while we were gone, so that’s always good!)
It’ll take some time to get all my stories out about our trip to Tanzania, but to give you a quick synopsis of what went down, I:
- managed to painstakingly summit Mt. Kilimanjaro
- got some great wildlife shots while on safari in the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater
- experienced not-quite-so-subtle racism from some of the locals
- got a little taste of Tanzanian culture; some great… some not as much
- have a wealth of bags and clothes that smell like I’ve spent the last couple of weeks without any decent shower facilities (some might argue it makes me smell like a man, but I’d just say it smells like I have some serious laundry to do!)
For now, though, it’s all about unpacking, going through mail (of both the snail and electronic varieties) and getting back into the swing of things!
Viva la Toronto—it’s great to be back!