It was mentioned to me in an email earlier that my buddy Will didn’t see me posting around DeviantArt too much. I guess that’s true—I mean, I’m constantly trying to juggle so much, that I never really get to always do what I’d like to do. To give you a slight picture of what I do in my days, let’s break down the many faces of Doomz.
- Worker Doomz: Works at a bank at a minimum of 20 hours a week, making a decent wage, aiming to eventually pay off outstanding debts.
- Schoolkid Doomz: Goes to school for a degree in Business & Society at York University, with about 16 hours of class a week. Most of this is spent doodling or napping, as the majority of said classes are boring as all hell. There is also the fact that studying and homework needs to be done, so that just tacks on hours per week of enjoyment. Woop woop 😕
- Travelling Doomz: As Doomz does not have a vehicle, much of his time is spent on public transportation getting from one place to another. A good estimate of this is about 15 hours a week.
It is good to note that when not sleeping on public transportation, this time overlaps with reading and/or drawing time.
- Doomz the Friend: I try to visit and chat with my different friends as much as I can—it just seems that there aren’t enough hours in the day to keep up with all of them. But they do matter, and Doomz tries to fit them in when he can.
- Doomz @ Home: By the time Doomz gets home, he’s pretty damn beat. There’re chores to be done and pictures to be completed, things to be done on the computer and in his room—but in all honesty, by this time he’s ready to just call it a day. Between sleeping, showering, eating and all that hoopla, I’d say about 40-45 hours a week are spent in a semi-comatose state, reflecting upon the boredom that is the life of Doomz.
So, from afar, I guess it doesn’t seem like the life of Doomz could be possibly boring whatsoever, but the bad side of things is that it’s all routine and horribly irritating at times. Being too busy to write and draw as much as you’d like in a day can get to you sometimes, but I intend to keep making a strong effort for 2005. At the moment, I’m already updating more regularly than I did in 2004 in general, so we shall see.
I’m hoping that one day soon, I can stop with all this crap and do more of what I like to do. Only time will tell though, eh?
Tell your wife, tell your kids, tell your husbands: