Warning: WPSSO Core error: slow PHP function detected - getimagesize() for http://doomsdayblaze.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/whopper.png?resize=390%2C415 took 1.4274 secs (longer than recommended max of 1.0000 secs) in /home/caseypalmer/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpsso/lib/util.php on line 288
So it would seem that busking in the TTC might not be the best idea if I want to reach this goal in a timely fashion. If we consider that:
- There's a $150 annual permit for busking in the TTC
- One would need to commit to six-hour shifts three to four times a week, which would definitely cramp on sleeping time
- I have limited musical talent – I don't think I could very readily pass a serious audition
- It's a subway station. Those things are COLD.
So maybe we'll look to something more like street performing. Or maybe doing portraits of people – but WAIT!
- If I'm just busking or drawing with chalk on the sidewalk, we're looking at a $35.69 permit fee.
- If I want to draw portraits of people as takeaway items – it's a $300.00 permit fee. THREE HUNDRED. I'll need to think this over – see what approach might even be good to take care of this =/
- The application for this is pretty lengthy – and there're a gajillion rules and regulations and bylaws associated with the practice – man. Buskin' ain't easy! I'm going to need more me's just to make this work!
I was going to enter one of those surveys you see on the back of your receipts from the fast food joints – you know – let us know your thoughts and you could win $1,000 – but damn! The recession must've hit Wendy's hard, because their is "tell us about this visit and we'll give you a free Single hamburger"! Wow, Wendy's. Wow. And you can only redeem one every thirty days. You know what – how about I fill it out and give it to a homeless person? Least I can do with this thing. Note: I actually would've done this, but just realized that I needed to fill in the survey within 48 hours of my visit. It's been 79 h 23 min. My bad, random homeless person 🙁 Also, in an amusing side, it appears that Burger King (huh – guess I have fast food more often than I think) doesn't even WANT your two cents – only a portion of it:
Still collecting Air/Aeroplan Miles like a fiend – kinda hoping that I'll be able to supplement some of the trips to come with these.
- Aeroplan Miles to date: 1263
- Air Miles to date: 609
If anyone has ideas on how to optimize collecting and using these, let me know! I'll post some ideas that I found and go from there – I expect that I have some fellow avid collectors out there!
And now, observe as I forge out into the snow to try and get to work on time!
Plus I have another couple of resumes to look at – commuter reading! Woo!
The 2010 20K Running Total = $192.14
Have a great day, y'all!