Last updated on September 9th, 2014 at 10:39 pm
- Prize giveaways;
- Karaoke contest;
- Intense dance party;
- Networking session; and
- Drunken hook-up-a-thon
- I’m not 19 anymore – gallivanting about and dancing like a mad man are going to have effects on my body, no matter how awesome I think I’m doing
- On that note, I need to stretch before these big tweetup parties. I’m not even kidding.
- I need to make sure I follow up with the cool people I meet – it was cool to finally meet Judy and get to know a whole set of other people – despite the loud music, I was able to form connections, which is always important to me – I don’t like just knowing people in a superficial fashion
- PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ MY BLOG! Which is AWESOME. Which means I won’t stop writing anytime soon 🙂 Thanks for the encouragement, guys!
- I owe Justin a shout-out for being the genuinely nice guy that he is
- Business cards are an awesome way to network when no one can hear each other speak – either due to loud music, or having lost your voice FROM the loud music…
- It’s a small world, so I’d better make sure to behave myself (my wedding photographers were doing the red carpet photos for the event, unexpectedly!)
- People are a lot better at wanting to get to know you once they find out you’re engaged and not trying to get into their pants
- Though I didn’t win at the TwestivalTO Twidol Karaoke Competition, I know I gave the best rendition of Montell Jordan’s “This Is How We Do It” that I could have while recovering from a cold
- Preparation is key. Mine involved:
- Eating a solid carbohydrate dinner, since I KNEW I’d be burning it off
- Drinking 2L of water, anticipating how many drinks there might be
- Changing to the most comfortable dress shoes I own; I would NOT be walking right now if it wasn’t for this
- Those who want to, do. Those who don’t take photos, videos and tweet about it. Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5vhlQPaciA Thus, I no longer take photos at tweetups since ENOUGH people have it COVERED. One less thing to carry!
- West Indians can party. Period.
All in all, AWESOME evening, but I’m defintely feeling the effects today! Fun is a good thing, but even then – at this level – it needs to be done in moderation. I think it’s back to writing and sorting life out for a week or two!
If you were at Twestival, I hope you had as good a time as I did! If you didn’t make it, well – this is Twitter. This is Toronto. If there aren’t a whole ton of parties going on throughout the year, something is VERY WRONG.
Until the next one,