I know I had an entry in progress sitting around somewhere on my computer—but Lawd knows what happened to that. So here’s a fresh one as I get things up to date and the usual hoopla. You know how it goes.
So it’s another April—my third April blogging away on LJ—and if you’ve been around since the beginning of this madness, you pretty much know what this time of year means… I’m almost out of university again. But whereas in past years I might have been elated to be going toward the summer and away from learning for four months, this year I feel almost… dead? Lifeless? The upcoming summer doesn’t excite me nearly as much as I know it should.
Speaking of summer, what do I have planned? Well, 2005 is looking to be my most active summer to date!
I finish exams on the 20th of April, and I don’t waste any time whatsoever.
On April 24th, I’m heading out for two weeks of backpacking over in Europe! Yeah—it was kind of a sudden development—I almost didn’t end up going on the trip, since one dude at work recently quit (without notice), and another isn’t really showing up for his shifts (which kinda sucks for me, since I got him the job in the first place). So, despite my seniority, I was having trouble getting the time off, until I asked my friend Kim to work for me since she needed shifts anyway. It’s going to be an awesome trip—we’re only dropping $1200-1300 on the trip to cover travel, accommodation, and food costs, which isn’t too bad at all. Highlights of preparation for the trip so far:
- manipulating Jon into having the awesome linkinparkyay put myself and the guys up for a couple of days at his place
- having my mom buy new luggage for me (I was fully expecting to pay for it—$140 price tag and all)
- having my best buddy Rami come over next weekend to help roll the coin in my jar (I’ve been collecting since last summer—so there should be a crudload), after which we will be enjoying the fine culinary foods of Pizza Hut (that’s some good pizza)
Yeah, so it’s four of us travelling altogether (Truc, who’s organizing the trip, will be meeting us on the third day—the day we’ll be leaving London)—we’ll be going along this route:
London -> Amsterdam -> Paris -> Venice (subject to change) -> Barcelona -> London (leaving from here to go back home)
coolfreshair, if you want to meet up for a coffee or something, let me know.
Otherwise, I’m just snapping away at photos and I’m working on three books right now:
- Gorilla Warfare—this is going to be my artbook for the summer, which I should be working a hell of a lot harder on if I want to get it done in time
- Ebonism: Doomz’s Guide to Being Black—previously, I was debating over whether or not I should release this one at all, but then I just said “fuck it” and started working on it anyway—it’s a satirical self-help guide to help all the wannabes out there be as Black as they wanna be (I made a funny)
- Doomz’s Big Book of Hate—If you can’t tell from the title (which I know you all can since I try to keep intelligent people on my friendslist), it’s basically just going to be one big illustrated book of rants laced with sardonic humour. I’ll enjoy putting this one together THOROUGHLY. I’m not sure whether or not I’ll have guest shots in it—we’ll see.
So yeah—books, work, school, websites—I’m still busy as usual. We’ll see where this path leads me.
But that’s it for now, y’all.
See you when I look at you.