I realised after a recent discussion with TP-Link that we really don’t put much time into keeping the things that fuel our lifestyles up to date! When they offered the chance to review the TP-Link Archer C5400 router and the TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Bulb, I suddenly realised it’d been at least five years since I’d updated my router!
That’s almost a century in technology years!
So that in mind, let me show you how I improved my life with TP-Link technology!
So you don’t know what you don’t know. With four adults under our roof and at least 20 devices connected to our router, it’s amazing we didn’t address this sooner. Technology’s evolving faster than ever—just when you learn what your current tools can do, you discover a whole world of functionality that blows your mind!
The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Bulb — Because Light Switches were SO Ten Years Ago.
Now, the TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Bulb isn’t our first rodeo with smart light bulbs—we already have a few that connect to a hub and illuminate the front of our house. It takes a bit of technical know-how to install the bulbs that way—physically plugging the hub into your Wi-Fi router; configuring the bulbs via the app—but it’s pretty simple once you know what you’re doing!
And TP-Link’s taking that formula and makes it even easier with its TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Bulb, which boasts features like:
- Remote management through the Kasa app to turn lights on and off, manage colours and program schedules from anywhere
- A huge range of colour temperatures from a cool 2700K to a warm 9000K, and even a circadian mode that’ll mimic sunlight’s temperature and intensity through the day to feed your body the best possible light
- Voice control through compatibility with both Android and iOS, and services like Amazon Alexa that give you even more ways to customise your experience
- And of course, what’s likely the most important, it can save you money, using up to 80% less power than traditional 60W incandescent light bulbs
It’s a big bulb, though! I tried using it in our bedroom lamp, but it just wouldn’t fit—it eventually found a home in our backyard, adding splashes of colour for years to come while our kids scream “Just five more minutes!” before bedtime.
But smart devices are only as good as the wireless networks supporting them, which is why TP-Link made sure to send a new Archer C5400 wireless router along with it!
The TP-Link Archer C5400 Wi-Fi Router — Because You Don’t Realise How Slow Your Internet Is Until Someone Shows You Something SO Much Better!
The things a router can do today must seem miraculous to the 2011 consumer. My dual-band 802.11a router was a solid competitor back then, supporting countless years of blogging, Netflix and Facebook addiction as we raised our fam. But as technology evolves, so do the resources needed to keep up with it, and we soon found that our “little router that could” wasn’t living up to its reputation anymore.
Here’s the funny thing about tech, though—you don’t often realise what you’re missing ’til you upgrade, and that’s exactly what happened when we brought the Archer C5400 into our lives!
Let me tell you what this baby does while geeking out as little as possible:
- Three bands are better than two, and these based are fast with a combined maximum speed of 5334 Mbps
- It uses MU-MIMO technology—a quick way of saying multiuser multiple-input, multiple-output technology—to speed things up, letting your router connect to four devices at once for a smoother data transfer
- It’s as powerful as most computers, with a 1.4 GHz dual-core CPU as three co-processors inside
- Simple setup through TP-Link’s Tether app which gets you online in moments
- And great range with eight external antennae to broadcast signals in even the most challenging situations!
Life After TP-Link — Sometimes it’s the Things You RARELY Think About That Make the Biggest Difference!
But no one would make smart devices if they didn’t make things better!
If you’ve got $64.99 to spare, consider the TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Bulb—you may not notice the benefits at first, but trust me… your brain waves, wallet and electricity bills will thank you!
Good luck to all who enter—trying on this one is a real… bright idea!
I couldn’t resist.
Until the next,