Last updated on April 1st, 2021 at 10:12 am
It has been brought to my attention that overactivity on certain things may actually HINDER individuals paying attention to my blog posts. Examples:
- Mafia Wars posts on Facebook—I don’t even really play it all that much anymore; it’s more or less something I play to pass the time when I’m trying to think about how to do something
- Overposting random stuff on Tumblr—not really too much of an issue anymore; I’ve actually been too busy with life as of late to seriously keep up with Tumblr these days
Also, other things that seem to be keeping a brotha down:
Things could be more accessible—with the Google Ads links over on my LiveJournal page and the donation button for PayPal hidden deep within my old posts, it’s just not easy to find things
So here’s the action plan:
- Stop posting so much Mafia Wars stuff—sorry Mafiosos, but I’m going to have to trim down on the interactivity in the name of the greater good (if you really don’t want to see them at all, you can always block them in Facebook by clicking “Hide” next to a post and clicking to hide all “Mafia Wars” posts—make sure not to click all posts from “Casey Evertove Palmer”, or you’ll block all the good stuff I post!)
- Integrate the Donate button and the Google Ads into my main Posterous blog—yup, gonna have to do this too—I’ve already put the Donate button up, but the ads will have to get figured out—hope to have this out of the way in the next couple of days
- Cut the autoposting from Tumblr to Facebook—it’s all about the Posterous now—nothing more that’ll do double-posting and annoy the hell out of everyone—as soon as I clear out all of the pending stuff in my Tumblr, each site’s going to be treated like a separate site with Posterous at the core—none neglected, yet each for its own purpose
- Clean up my presence on the Internet—my name’s too diluted, currently. When you search “casey palmer blog”, this blog isn’t the first thing that pops up—THAT needs to change.
In other news, I’m looking at a page with about six potential opportunities lined up. From web design to logo work to simple consulting, it looks like I’ll have my plate full. Just the way I like it.
There’s still a couple of contests that’ll require my attention—but it’s a good thing that there are good ideas brewing for them. I hope you’re all ready to support when the time comes!
The numbers haven’t changed too much—another church/work day, where I just kinda hacked away at the debris that is my ideas to try and be a carpenter and build it into something substantial. Still a ways to go, though!
- The 2010 20K Running Total = $62.20
- The Google Adsense Running Total = $29.35 (thanks so much! please keep clicking ads at https://doomsdayblaze.livejournal.com! It’s thoroughly appreciated!)
- There’s also the option of donating to PayPal by clicking on that button over to the right!
- Comments, as well, are also very much appreciated 😉
Tomorrow will bring what? Videos? New ideas? New content? A better put-together blog? A new day with new wonders!
Bring it on, world—I’m ready for you!